Monday, February 9, 2009

Guess Where I Went on Sunday???

Beach custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more - ImageChef.com

Chuck and I took a car ride and ended up in Delaware. We had a late lunch and then started driving down the Coastal Highway through Rehoboth Beach, Bethany, and finally made it to Ocean City, MD. We were hoping to get dinner at one of MY FAVORITE restaurants, The Bayside Skillet. If you love strawberry crepes, they have the best and BIGGEST I have ever seen! Chuck makes good crepes, but these are HUGE! But, as fate would have it, they were closed. Many places were closed.

It was odd to drive down the highway and see all the cottages, homes, and apartments dark....compared to summer! Motels/Hotels closed. I know it's "winter", but it was different to see the other side of the beach during the winter. It was in the 60's Sunday and just beautiful. By the evening, it started to get a little nippy. We parked by the boardwalk and walked over to see the ocean. At 7 pm, there was a full moon dancing on the waves. It was beautiful. The ocean had a different sound at that time. It was awesome. I forgot my camera, so tried to take a picture with my cell phone. Didn't work. (That's on my list to do next time I go to the ocean!) But it was a beautiful ending to a great day! We finally found a place to eat and then drove home. The moonlight on the water as we were driving over the Bay Bridge was another awesome sight. So I had a great Sunday. (Yes, I took my crocheting...I'll share a picture of my scarf - what a laugh!)

3 comments:

Faith said...

Lovin This......! I am ever so envious.....Love what you did on your blog....that is awesome....how lucky you are to be able to drive to the beach....I'll just bet that the full moon over the ocean was truly Beautimoos....

Wish I was there to see it...
don't forget the camera..I hope you take better pictures than me...
talk to you soon..

Faith

Ghost said...

Sounds like so much fun. An unexpected trip to anywhere is so nice.

Crochet Princess Beth said...

It was really nice to get away from my home just for the day! I won't forget the camera the next time!!! :)