Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nags Head Trip and crochet!




These are just a few of some pictures I took while on our trip to Nags Head, North Carolina. I set up a photo album on Picasa for all to see my pictures. (See sidebar for link!) I have more to upload, so check back to see them! It was a great time. Chilly and windy, but so peaceful. It rained the first 2 1/2 days. We stopped in Raleigh, NC on Saturday to see Chuck's son. He is attending NC State. We stayed at Days Inn over night and drove to Nags Head the next day. I was really surprised on how much the ocean has come closer to the dunes from last year. One picture in the album shows how the sand has washed up close to the handrail of the stairs to the beach. When driving to Cape Hatteras, we stopped at one of the pull offs and walked to the beach. There was no one there, so we had it all to ourselves! The ocean just washed up shells right in front of us! So I was in shell heaven! The trips to the light houses, Cape Hatteras and Currituck Beach Lighthouse , were awesome! On St. Patrick's day, we ate at Mulligan's in Nags Head. They have wonderful food! For breakfast, we ate at a favorite place called Stack em' High. Yum, yum! It was a great time! On our way home, we stopped at Virginia Beach to see what it was like. Hands down - we both like Ocean City and Nags Head!

This is a shawl I started before I left home and finished it on the way to the beach. I just love this pattern! So quick and easy! It's called Angel Wings Shawl If you need a quick and easy shawl, I recommend this pattern and give it a 10+! It's so pretty!

Hope you enjoy the trip pictures! Hugs to all!

4 comments:

Faith said...

oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh!
Very pretty shawl, purfect for the beach.....you look lovely and at peace....shells,shells everywhere
a dream come true....thank you for sharing.....

Faith

Bunny said...

Thank you for sharing the pics. The shawl is so pretty and looks like you finished it just in time to wear with the wind and all.

Bunny said...

I have some squares for you but, I'm afraid you will not have them by the 28th. I have not been able to get to the post office because my daughter takes my car to work. I get out at 4:30pm and she has to be at work at 4:45pm. I don't even have a chance to shut the car off. lol She is suppose to be off on Friday. Tomorrow. If that's the case, I an get down there after work. I hope this ios acceptable and I apologize for keeping you waiting on these. Please let me know. Thanks

Bunny said...

I just got back from the post office mailing out a package to you. You should have it by Tuesday.