Thursday, April 2, 2009

Another Lighthouse Visit!




Last Saturday, Chuck and I picked up his Mom and we went to Solomons, MD to see the Drum Point Lighthouse. It was a little overcast when we got there, but no rain. It was a great time! His Mom just climbed right up into that lighthouse like it was no problem at all! I was ok once I got inside onto study floor! But as I started to climb up to the light, my legs got shaky and I had to stop...Chuck took that picture of me stopped in my tracks! So he took pictures of the light for me. (Note: When I was a teenager, the family went to a park near Lancaster, OH where there were water falls. My step-sister and I tried to walk out onto a rock ledge to see if there were any fish in this hole filled with water! She started to slip and she went back to the walkway. But oh no - Beth just HAD to go on! I almost got to the hole, I fell onto my stomach, started sliding down and I just rolled over onto mt butt...I yelled "Here I go..." My step-sister yelled "There she goes..." and I see my dad running down the steps. I started praying for no rocks, you know like the kind in the movies where the cars hit and flip and bounce off of? I didn't want to be like a car. Well, no rocks! I landed on my butt in a big puddle of water and I jumped to my feet! I was drenched, but not hurt. Just as I hit the water, my Dad came around this big rock to me. I turned around to look behind me and there were 2 girls, in the cave..smoking! Imagine the thoughts going thru their minds, sneaking a cigarette, and this body drops to the ground in front of you! LOL So...ever since then, I'm scared of heights. Legs get shaky and lock up!) So it was a really nice day. I got 11 granny squares finished on our trip for an afghan I was asked to make. I'm about a third of the way finished making squares. Making a granny square afghan for a queen size bed. It will take 90 squares squares and I'm using the flat braid joining. So pretty! Hugs to all!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

I love lighthouses though I've not ever seen one "in person". I have a small collection.