Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Compassionate Friends

Thanks to Monsignor Richard Murphy of St. John's Catholic Church in Frederick, MD., he gave me the name of this wonderful organization called Compassionate Friends. This organization helps parents and grandparents that lose children. After spending alot of time today talking and sharing my story of Hayden, I have signed up to do a walk on July 4th, 2010 in Memory of Hayden. Walk to Remember. This link takes you to my pledge page. If you can donate a dollar or more, it will be greatly appreciated. Our team is called "Team Angel Hayden Parsons"!!! All funds go to help families in need for grief counseling...myself included! I know that I am not alone, but it is truly comforting to know that other grandparents are helping people like myself with the losses we share. Maybe one day I can help a grandma with her loss and I was helped with mine!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Dearest Beth,

Thinking of you today..I wanted to drop a line and let you know.

hugs,
Faith

Anonymous said...

Dear Beth,
Once again you have the strength to reach out to others. See how strong you really are?
Hugs and Prayers,
Alma