Thursday, January 21, 2010

Amish reading anyone?

I must confess, I am not much of a reader unless it is something that really catches my attention. To read in school or while I was in Nursing school was a chore for sure! But I have found several authors that have captured my interest and my heart with their books on the Amish. Several are now my "friends" on Facebook! To see the books I have read so far, click on the bookshelf. I haven't read a book that I didn't like yet. They are all my favorites!



While waiting on another book to arrive at the library, I came across the book "White Christmas Pie" by Wanda Brunstetter. A wonderful story that I couldn't wait to read at night! I love how she has recipes at the end of her books and how they work into the story. It's a wonderful book to read!


A friend of mine, Chris, gave me a book to read, "A Merry Heart" that her sister, Vicki, told her to give to me. I was so excited! Another book from Wanda! And another great story with another recipe at the end of her book! This was another great story to read and found myself anxious to pick up at night to see what was happening next! It is the first book in a series of 4, "Brides of Lancaster County". I'm looking forward to reading the next book, "Looking For A Miracle"!



So while waiting for my next book by Wanda, I got a book for Christmas I began reading. "SummerHill Secrets - 1" by Beverly Lewis. It's 5 stories in one book about a wonderful 15 year old "English" girl named Merry Hanson living in PA in Amish country and friends with Rachel Zook, her Amish neighbor. This is teen fiction, but it has been a wonderful present to read. AGAIN...I can't wait to pick it up at night to read!

I owe a hearfelt THANK YOU to my favorite Amish authors for catching my attention and my heart to read again!

***P.S. My son, Steven, was able to save ALL of my files onto a backup hard drive! What a relief! He is so good with computers! I told him he should go to college and get his degree in Computer Science - he says "Nah, I just like to play around with them!" :)

No comments: