Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lightning Bugs.....


Chuck and I went out to get some ice cream this evening. On our way back to his house, I noticed a field FULL of lightning bugs! It was so beautiful to see the flashing lights across the field. I haven't seen that many lightning bugs in years. It was a beautiful show. I was in awe over watching all the lights. Chuck then said something about Hayden in that field trying to catch them. It broke my heart and more tears fell as I realized I missed my chance to share that moment with Hayden running and catching lightning bugs. Which one to catch first! He would have had so much fun! Then Chuck said he is probably catching them in Heaven....I'm sure he is!

2 comments:

Faith said...

Hi Beth, the picture of the lightning bugs in the jar..brings back memories. I bet that field looked pretty with the sparkling
lights. Hope you computer feels better...take care of yourself, talk to you soon.

Anna Larson said...

I love the lightning bugs. When I was a kid we never had any at home, but they were always at Grandma and Grampa's house in Iowa. I loved visiting in the summers up there and chasing the lightning bugs.